The Benefit Bank of South Carolina
Need to apply for Medicaid? Need help filing your taxes before the April 15th deadline? Need help getting SNAP (food stamp) benefits?
The good news is – free help is available! SC Thrive is an organization that helps people get the resources they need through their online Benefit Bank. They provide personalized help, no matter where you live in South Carolina, and you can apply for all the benefits you need in one interview!
Check out the SC Thrive website to see their resources and helpful information. You can apply for any of the benefits below with a Benefit Bank counselor at an SC Thrive site or over the phone with their Contact Center at 1-800-726-8774.
- Get Healthcare Coverage: Youth who were in foster care at age 18 should already be enrolled in Medicaid and can stay on Medicaid until 26. If you left care before 18 and are without health insurance, contact insure-sc.org to talk about your options for low-cost healthcare coverage. Insure SC is a one-stop shop to enroll and get information about health coverage options including Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace, and private insurance. All services are free.
- Get Prescription Medication: Welvista is an SC Thrive partner that provides prescription drugs to qualifying individuals without insurance through their Medication Assistance Program (MAP). Welvista MAP recipients can get their prescriptions filled for no cost.
Learn more about Welvista by visiting welvista.org
- Feed Your Family: SNAP (known as Food Stamps) is a federal program that helps with the cost of groceries. SNAP benefits are given each month on an EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card which works like a debit card.
- File Your Taxes: SC Thrive can help you file your taxes at no cost at various locations throughout the state, or you can file your own taxes using Thrive Hub.With Thrive Hub you can get your entire refund back—no filing fees or unexpected charges.
- Voter Registration
- Completing the FAFSA application for student loans for college
- Military & Veterans Benefits
- Social Security Income (SSI) Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Family Independence (FI)
Be sure to check out the SC Thrive website today!