SC NYTD Survey Results
223 youth participated in the SC NYTD survey between October 2012 and September 2013. A warm thank-you to all the 19-year-old youth who shared their thoughts and experiences with us!
- 35% of youth reported they were employed, while one in four youth had never had a job
- 43% of youth reported they had a high school diploma or GED
- 81% of youth reported they had at least one adult that they could talk with for emotional support
- Youth reported engaging in healthy behaviors (79%) far more often than high risk behaviors (33%) in the last two years
- One in four youth reported they had experienced homelessness within the last two years (i.e., since the age of 17)